Powered By Blogger

Daily Prayers Times

Monday, September 19, 2011

The Unforgetable Aidilfitri Holiday


  By:Mohammad Syarul Nizamsah        

          Hari Raya Aidilfitri was announced will be on Monday, 29th of August  2011. That means the fasting month will end on that day. Our school break was 2011 on Saturday, 27th September. I had planed to go back  home that day by flight from Miri to Kota Kinabalu, but my flight ticket was on 29th September , So I went home on 29th September. The flight departed at 2.50 p.m and I arrived to Kota Kinabalu at 3.15 p.m.. From Kota Kinabalu, I took a bus express to Lahad Datu that would last for eight hours to get me arrive to my house. . However, the bus will be leaving from Kota Kota Kinabalu to Lahad Datu at 8.00 p.m. So waited untill 8.00 p.m at the bus stop. It was a long journey. I experienced a bit of headache, because I feel uncomfortable for I’m not used to  fully air conditioned places. I  brook fasting at the bus station with just a loaf of bread and an isotonic drink. After  waiting for a couple of hour I finally I leaf Kota Kinabalu traveling to Lahad Datu. I’d arrived to my house at 4.00 a.m and I took a lot of rests.
            Then,on the night before Raya festival my whole family were not sleeped, because we kook  food made fro glutinous rice that we called suman  for preparation.  We begun at 8.00 p.m cooking the sticky rice and last for about 2 hours to be prepared for wrappings using banana leaves. At 10.00 p.m we put the suman into a big metal bucket and cooked it on a big fire using firewood. The Suman took for about 8 hours to be coocked for the second time. We can’t be able to sleep, because we have to wait the suman until it is ready, or our house will be fire if nobody guarding it.
            The next day was the day for all muslims awaited for, the Hari raya Aidilfitri. 7.00 a.m sharf, all of us preparing ourselves in Baju Melayu to perform the solat sunat Eid. Besides that, each of us brought RM 1.00 for alms to the mosque. We started the solat sunat Eid at 7.30 a.m and finished at about 8.15 a.m. After  fulfilling the prayer, I went to all of my friend’s house and had some  jokes with them. Meeting with them after about three months not seeing each other, made that day the happiest day for me. They asked me about my studies and all of my experiences staying in Miri.
            After that, I invited all of my friends to my open house. I prepared beverages, cakes and cookies. My mother served us suman,  chicken curry , fried chicken, fish cooked in tomato sauce, for disheses.  Finished eating and satisfied, we took a little rests by playing computer game. After that, we visited  neighbours house.  We went together  from house to house and back to my home in the afternoon.
            Before going back to Miri, all of my families and neighbours gave me  pocket money.  I’d got a total of RM 700.00. I took RM 300.00 from it and told my father to bank in the rest into my account. On 5th September I leaf Sabah again coming back to Miri. That was the most wonderful day in my life that I won’t ever forgot. By the way, this is my first time studying in other place far from family and friends. And I would never forgot all of the happiest moments with them all.

http://www.bio-asli.com/?id=Melancholy

No comments: